Does this fit my vehicle? Ask us here to find out
Introducing R3 LED bulb
This bulb can be used for projector headlights:
The head shape of this bulb is small enough to allow light to escape the projector type headlight. Therefore, the beam pattern is optimized but we recommend P9 for best performance. Regular reflection headlights works fine on R3 LED.
- <WARNING> Ensure no contact with hard surface against LED chip. Any micro scratches will reduce its lifespan. Keep clean. Avoid touching LED chip with bare hands.
- Once ready to install the new G10 bulb into headlight/fog housing, inspect from the front of vehicle, looking into the headlight, and check for bulb position. LEDs should ALWAYS be pointed left and right. Never up and down nor even in a slight angle.
- If headlights housing is inclosed with a dust cap, simply place the drive box inside. If not inclosed, zip tie the driver against any fix parts near to avoid extreme rattling.
Vehicles using high beam as DRL:
- Vehicles using high beam as DRL often need a PWM modules to stop the flickering when used on the “AUTO” mode during daylight such as Toyota’s to name only one.
- This isn’t a decoder/can-bus. It only serves the purpose of boosting the power sent to the LED chips because when the light is used as a DRL, the vehicle only sends 50% of the available power to deem the light.
Clip adapter for H7 bulb:
Some vehicles requires the addition of the adapter clip to secure bulb. From factory, the car comes with it but cant be reused on LEDs bulbs. Shapes and sizes are different. To install,
- Remove the locking ring.
- Place the provided extra seal.
- Then place the clip adapter.
- When sandwich the locking ring over, ensure it proper position.
- The tap on locking ring should sit tight within the slot on the adapte
- Rotate clockwise to secure.
How to use the drill through dust cap rubber seal:
This kit comes with an optional “drilled through” dust cap installation for headlight housings with limited back space.
- The black O ring is in this case placed within a hole saw made opening through the dust cap.
- This takes a minimum skills as the final result has to be centred with the bulb location once installed.
- The diameter of the hole saw should be slightly smaller then the diameter of the slotted outer surface = 1″ or 36mm.
- Remove the locking ring from there bulb prior to install rubber O ring.
- Once O ring and b bulb put together, insert them within the drilled hole and secure in the O ring slot to seal.
- The O rubber ring should be positioned on the end tip of the bulb to allow reach inside headlight housing.
- Turn the bulb clockwise to secure.
- Push in the dust cap against the housing to seal.
- Look from the outside of the headlight from the front of vehicle .
- The bulb LEDs position should be pointing on the side, not up and down.
- Reposition the bulb by rotating it counter clockwise while applying light pressure pushing in to keep it secure.
- Connect bulb to its connector and “voilà! (pictures coming soon or on demand)